AmigaActive (1642/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:24 May 2000 at 23:02:16
Subject:Re: The Worlds biggest Amiga games company? :)

Andrew Guard said,

> Now this Demon thing was total mad. Now if News paper put in some lie about
> you would sue the paper and not news aggent. I see Demon as a newsaggent.

Demon weren't sued for having libellous material on their server, they
were sued for failing to remove it after being notified of its content
and being asked to remove it.

A newsagent may not get into trouble for selling a publication that
contained illegal material, but he would get done if he was told of the
illegality and continued to sell it.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

This virus requires Microsoft Windows 3.x

Find long lost high school friends: